The Maker in residence programme is a programme that aims to bridge the gap between Makers, students and the general public that will target school groups coming to Science Centre as well as the public audience. The duration of the Residence programme is between 2-3 weeks at a time. Longer residencies can be considered on a case by case basis.
Science Centre Singapore (SCS) invite Makers to propose a new creative project to be developed during the period of residency. During their time in the project, Makers should document the projects through the Science Centre and Maker Faire Singapore facebook and blog.
Deliverables expected of Makers
- Spend atleast half a day every day (afternoons) at Science Centre or a partner venue, for the duration of the residency.
- Collaborate with a student intern/ student/ group of students or family for a project. This gives the project an intergenerational component.
- Conduct one public sharing (workshop or gallery interaction) based on a project or skill over a weekend. The sharing can be either at Science Centre, partner venue or both.
- Conduct one staff sharing on completed projects.
- Other variations to these deliverables can be considered on a mutual understanding between Science Centre Singapore and the Maker in Residence.
- Completed project will be housed for a period at Science Centre or the partner venue.
The work proposed must have been created, realized or significantly updated within the last two years. Participants may be individuals, groups, schools, institutions, companies etc. Exclusively commercially oriented activities in the sense of product advertisement or commercially available products are excluded.
Makers interested are to send in the following documents by email by Dr Kiruthika Ramanathan: Kiruthika_ramanathan@science.edu.sg. Makers are also encouraged to contact Kiruthika through email or phone (64252521) prior to sending the proposal to clarify any queries.
(1) No more than 2 page project description (essential)
(2) A video of the work (if available). *send the YouTube link only
(3) Other supporting media or documents. These could be prior work done by the Maker or related projects.
(4) Any specific technical requirements or equipment requirements. A full list of available equipment can be obtained through email if needed.
Deadline : Rolling. Atleast 3 weeks prior to intended start of the Residency
Notification : 5 working days after receipt of submission.
Selected residencies will be offered support for materials costs. Makers will also receive a honorarium for their contribution, depending on the length and duration of the residency.
For further inquiries and clarifications, please contact Kiruthika_ramanathan@science.edu.sg